Ok so I was sick over the weekend with my eye… and derick was “in charge” of the kids all that time… so needless to say the room was needing a cleaning and the maids were just itching to come in and do their thing. But I was faced with a dilemma of not knowing what I could do to get out of the room long enough for them to clean. My eye was still a little swollen and I couldn’t really drive like that, and I couldn’t even be SEEN in public like that anyhow cause I couldn’t wear makeup, and it’s not like I could just simply go swimming cause I couldn’t get my eye wet… SO… we went to the laundry room in the basement for 3 and ½ hrs. yeah – 3 and ½ HOURS!!! (echo “HOURS”… “Hours”… “hours”)
It’s a cramped little room with no chairs, no windows, but I tried to make the best of it. At least the kids were happy to be there to help out mommy with the laundry. I think laundry is such a great thing to get kids involved in at such a young age. Look at Andrew, he’s only a year and1/2 and he carries the laundry detergent and does all the same things Amanda does to help out. I put them in charge of loading the dirty clothes into the washing machine and putting the coins in. they really loved doing that. They would get so mad at me if I tried to help. And then we then we just sat back and chilled while we washed 3 loads of laundry. I brought towels so we could sit on the floor without getting too dirty. I brought the kids DVD player, my computer, a ball, our nail kit and nail polish. For the first hr or so the kids played pick a boo around the washing machine and watched a little bit of the movies. I did my VT letters, checked emails, and did a Halloween search for ideas online. MAN oh man the internet connection is SO much better in the basement! Then Andrew fell asleep so I laid a towel down right behind the door and put him down, there was just no room anywhere else for him sadly. I thought if anyone tried to open the door at least I’d hear the key lock open and maybe stop them from opening the door before hitting him in the head. While he slept Amanda and I cleaned each other’s nails and then I painted our nails. Hers are orange (she picked it) and mine are black. Derick luckily was around at just the right time to help me get all that gear down to the laundry room and back up to the room. Man oh man was my butt and legs hurting! I hat sitting on the floor! But at least that’s over and we all lived thru that. Just one more “experience patch” for me. But really – I’m so blesses, I know I am. Can you imagine what it’s like to walk miles to a stream to wash you’re clothes by hand… with kids!? Me neither. Real superwomen really do exists, their just barefooted, dressed in rags and leave the cap at home.
It’s a cramped little room with no chairs, no windows, but I tried to make the best of it. At least the kids were happy to be there to help out mommy with the laundry. I think laundry is such a great thing to get kids involved in at such a young age. Look at Andrew, he’s only a year and1/2 and he carries the laundry detergent and does all the same things Amanda does to help out. I put them in charge of loading the dirty clothes into the washing machine and putting the coins in. they really loved doing that. They would get so mad at me if I tried to help. And then we then we just sat back and chilled while we washed 3 loads of laundry. I brought towels so we could sit on the floor without getting too dirty. I brought the kids DVD player, my computer, a ball, our nail kit and nail polish. For the first hr or so the kids played pick a boo around the washing machine and watched a little bit of the movies. I did my VT letters, checked emails, and did a Halloween search for ideas online. MAN oh man the internet connection is SO much better in the basement! Then Andrew fell asleep so I laid a towel down right behind the door and put him down, there was just no room anywhere else for him sadly. I thought if anyone tried to open the door at least I’d hear the key lock open and maybe stop them from opening the door before hitting him in the head. While he slept Amanda and I cleaned each other’s nails and then I painted our nails. Hers are orange (she picked it) and mine are black. Derick luckily was around at just the right time to help me get all that gear down to the laundry room and back up to the room. Man oh man was my butt and legs hurting! I hat sitting on the floor! But at least that’s over and we all lived thru that. Just one more “experience patch” for me. But really – I’m so blesses, I know I am. Can you imagine what it’s like to walk miles to a stream to wash you’re clothes by hand… with kids!? Me neither. Real superwomen really do exists, their just barefooted, dressed in rags and leave the cap at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment