Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catch the FROGS!

When we first went laurel Creek and saw that there were frogs and minose and stuff I decided that we would have to come back sometime to capture some wild life and do some observing. So I went to the dollarama store and got 2 butterfly nets (1 pink, 1 blue) and got 2 tall kitchen containers to use as observation jars. We went back to Laurel Creek, filled the jars with water and caught 7 minose, 9 frogs and 1 snail. I did do a lot of the catching, but it was really fun observing them in our containers.

We even got some attention from some members of the rowing team that was setting up there.

even thow Amanda really loved them, she didn't put up a fight when I told her we would have to put them back when we were done looking at them. I let her be in charge of that. she really loved picking each one up 1 at a time and putting them back in the water. some of them wouldn't jump out of her hand and she had to pat them on the head to get them to jump away.

we also got to observe some snake skins. we found 2 of them. (ew! I hate snakes!!) but Amanda likes them.

we then had a picnic. yummy!

we played pick-a-boo and hide and go seek

then Amanda wanted to have a race, so she and Andrew ran back and forth over and over again.

"I WIN!!"

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Nikki! Those frogs are very pretty colored. I like the picture of Amanda with her arms full of frog jars!

    ReplyDelete