All ready to go to the trunk or treat party!

as you can see, Andrew was superman! The only thing I added to his costume was I put red socks OVER his shoes so it looks like superman’s red boots but it’s still comfy for him to walk in and it’s cheaper on me too! Smart eh? At the trunk or treat party everyone thought that Andrew was hilarious because he was a “superman with a soother” Canadians just love dry humor like that.





Here we are at the trunk or treat party. It’s hard going to a party where you don’t know anyone, but we tried to have a good time. Sorry about the red-eyes in some of the pictures, I don’t have my special CD from home to fix it. Derick kept saying our ward was way better, I’d have to agree. It was kind of lame. They didn’t even have music going on, and no treats or drinks either.



The trunk or treat was kind of weird. They had only 4 stations inside the gym. You go to each station (only allowed 1 time thru) you would get a stamp on your card and once you went to all the stations, you could go thru the haunted house… but that was way too scary for Amanda’s and Andrews age, so we didn’t even go to that. AND at the stations, they don’t even give out a prize like candy or cheap toy to the kids for playing! It was wait in a line, try something once, “oh you didn’t get it, NEXT!” type of thing. I thought that was very lame. But we did all the stations, here’s Amanda with her card.

Bowling for Ghosts. You rolled a plastic pumpkin at these white bowling pens that looked like ghosts. You only get 3 tries and sadly Amanda didn’t knock any down. It was a plastic pumpkin, not a ball, so it wouldn’t roll straight, and she didn’t want to throw it. So it just rolled off to the side and missed every time. I still gave her a high-5 and told her she did a great job trying.


Bowling for Ghosts. You rolled a plastic pumpkin at these white bowling pens that looked like ghosts. You only get 3 tries and sadly Amanda didn’t knock any down. It was a plastic pumpkin, not a ball, so it wouldn’t roll straight, and she didn’t want to throw it. So it just rolled off to the side and missed every time. I still gave her a high-5 and told her she did a great job trying.
Howl at the Moon: they hung donuts on string and had the kids eat them. Amanda just walked up, grabbed it with her hands, pulled it down and eat it. She’s a smart one what can I say??



Grave Digger: This was made and hosted by the bishop. He’s a very sweet happy guy, but this was a gruesome gory thing and probably the most fun for most kids. It’s a coffin with holes in the top. You have to place your hand thru and dig around all this yucky feeling stuff like rice, pasta, and goo to find a spider ring. They have a station for you to wash your hands at when you’re done. At least at this one you get to KEEP something! Amanda, so funny, she looks IN the hole with this yucky look on her face, pulls up her sleeve and goes in and pulls right out the spider ring, she didn’t rummage in the muck at all cause she LOOKED in first. All well, I can’t blame her.



Pin the Grin on the Pumpkin: they blind fold you and you try to pen the pumpkins grin in the right place. 1 turn – take a look where you pined it, and move on.


We got kind of board fast. We did a lot of waiting and sitting. Sadly they didn’t have ANYTHING else to do after the 4 stations. So there was a whole group of small kids who were just sitting around waiting to trunk-or-treating part to begin. And we all know just how WELL LITTLE KIDS WAIT when CANDY’S involved!! Seriously – who thought of that? If I was in charge of trunk or treating, I would make it so the trunks WERE 1st – AND turn the TRUNKS into a walk thru carnival type of experience. You would go trunk to trunk doing something simple and fun and then get candy and then move on. And THEN when you were done you could move inside do some things like these guys did, but you would have some stuff to do to keep you busy. Dancing, coloring, treats and drinks, trade candy, something like that. I wish someone would do it that way!


My car wasn’t half as cool as it was the year before. Last year I spend DAYS painting this Charlie Brown pumpkin display. But like I said – we had no budget for frilly car displays this year so I was just trying to work with what I had. So I brought my pumpkins and Amanda and I made 2 ghosts and I brought (I thought this was smart of me) all these trick-or-treat buckets they were giving out with every happy meal at McDonalds during October… I taped them up and put in lights and made lanterns. I was trying to just use what I had. And we took a lot of road trips this month and got a bunch of these buckets as you can see. One lady made me feel badly though. She said “holy cow! You buy your kids too much fast food! Come on girl!” yeah – that really turned the night around into a bundle of joy! Whatever. I didn’t even KNOW the lady, it was rude ya know and it hurt my feelings.

My car wasn’t half as cool as it was the year before. Last year I spend DAYS painting this Charlie Brown pumpkin display. But like I said – we had no budget for frilly car displays this year so I was just trying to work with what I had. So I brought my pumpkins and Amanda and I made 2 ghosts and I brought (I thought this was smart of me) all these trick-or-treat buckets they were giving out with every happy meal at McDonalds during October… I taped them up and put in lights and made lanterns. I was trying to just use what I had. And we took a lot of road trips this month and got a bunch of these buckets as you can see. One lady made me feel badly though. She said “holy cow! You buy your kids too much fast food! Come on girl!” yeah – that really turned the night around into a bundle of joy! Whatever. I didn’t even KNOW the lady, it was rude ya know and it hurt my feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment