Thursday, July 22, 2010

HELLO!

hey there family and friends! I thought I would make this simple blog so I could better contact with yall on our day to day adventures while we are here in CANADA!

this is DAY 5 and things are starting to get better. I was very frustrated for a while cause I didnt have a good internet connection... so I felt kind of lost in the world and unable to really find out what was there to do around me. I'm actually going to be getting a new computer soon. mine is very close to giving it's last. the screen and key-pad is breaking so nows a good time to get a new computer while there is still some life in it. Derick thinks I would really love a mini, but I'm still thinking about it. I dont think I would really like a mini, unless I get brodband (or whatever it's called where you can get the internet no matter where you are). cause if I have to be sitting down to hook up to the internet to do things anyhow... I may as well have a little more hand room and see more docs on my screen at one time. like I said, we're talking about. It's a possibility that I might be getting a new camera too! man, it's a whole electronics renewal! everything I had, including by phone have just been needing replacing. I've loved and used them to death. at least we too care of replacing the phone while we were in the states. just so yall know, I am able to get email on my phone, no text thow please, and I can call yall with no extra charge. so if any of yall need me to call yall, you can always send me an email first, and I can call you right back.

so, the flight went by a LOT better than most flights so I'm VERY happy and grateful there. Andrew slept for a while and Amanda liked watching her mini TV and I watched the on-flight shows.

our hotel is very nice. it's like a small apartment. and it's actually working out very well for us I'm happy to say. (I'll post pics later)
the kids are BOTH sleeping on the pull out bed in the living room, and so far thats working out just fine for them.
there is a storage closet for your long term stay luggage and I've converted it into a toy hide a way place for the kids. they like that a lot.
we're swimming in the basement indoor pool almost every night and the kids are loving that!
as far as activities during the day, I'm finding new things every now and then. the latest wonderful find is the amish community and wal-mart just 6 minutes from us (had NO idea it was RIGHT next to us!!!) the wal-mart makes this place feel so much more like home and we finally have a NORMAL place to shop for food and clothes and stuff.
I really love driving around the amish community farm areas, SOO beautiful! I didnt have my camera with me last night, but I'll try to get some pictures and show it to yall later.

but more about how we are and what we're doing later... I've got to get the kids and I ready for a movie! we're going to go see Despicable Me!
love yall. talk to ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment