When ANYONE checks into their hotel room and sees that there is a jacuzzi for a bathtub, you just get a little twinkle in your eye and think “ooo, we’ll have a jacuzzi!”, it’s suppose to be a blessing right? A luxury item, a tool of comfort and relaxation right? Well SOOOOOOOOOO not the case with us as we found out last night.
So I myself haven’t even TRIED the jacuzzi for my own pleasure, but I was giving my kids a bath and thought “oh I bet they’ll really love this” so I turned it on. The did in fact really like it, Amanda more than Andrew. Well I was thinking, “this thing is so weird” cause it turned off and on again during the time I gave my kids their bath. I just turned it off the last time it came on didn’t think too much about and got my kids out of the tub and into bed.
Little did I know that the tub was in fact possessed by a shriveled ugly old woman who was infertile and unloved in her life and was now out to claim our sanity out of mere jealously and hatred!
As I’m singing my kids to sleep I all of a sudden hear “pfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”, and I’m thinking “what the heck!?” I get up and follow the noise and it’s the jacuzzi tube, it’s turned itself on and is blowing our air. I push the off button and go back to the kids. Well 20 minutes later it comes on again, so I leave it alone this time thinking it’ll turn itself off. It shuts off, then a while later, it comes on again, shuts off, comes on again. My little one Andrew isn’t falling asleep to well cause the unsoothing sounds of this machine turning on and off is keeping him awake. So I call the front desk tell them I gave my kids a bath 2 hrs ago using the Jacuzzi and it’s turning on and off, what’s the deal and what should I do to stop it. she tells me that “thats the way it runs”, that it’s doing it to clear out the pipes and it’s a pain in the butt cause there is nothing I can do to stop it from turning on and off and the best thing to do is just let it run it’s course. I try not to sound upset and say “well golly, you guys should really make a notice, and frame it up in the bathroom warning people of that, cause that’s an annoyance on our part that we would have avoided had we known it to be such a pain”. She said she’ll mention it to the manager. Lol. That’s code for “yeah, whatever, that sucks for you”.
But the stupid jacuzzi machine continued to turn on and off and on and off thru out the WHOLE NIGHT. Finally around 2:30 am, derick and I are at our wits ends, I’m calling the front desk to pleading with them if they would just tell me where the kill switch is or if they could shut the power off of SOMETHING to make that noise STOP! She says there’s nothing like that and the only thing they could do was offer us to move to another room for the night. I told her I would call her back later. Derick got up and started exploring the rooms for a circuit box, he found one, and a switch labeled “Jacuzzi tub” and switched it off. And miracles of miracles, it STOP! The stupid noise stopped! We laid down feeling like Michael after his long night wrestled with the devil, and were now really to go to bed, but now we weren’t falling asleep and I was hearing in my head leftover recordings from the previous noise “pfhhhhhhh” going on in my head on and off and so on…. Oh… what a horrible awful night! I’m duck taping a bowl over that Jacuzzi switch, we are NEVER using it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment