Thursday, November 11, 2010

AWESOME DEAL!

Ok some of yall know that I was supper excited a few days ago when I happened across a BIG DEAL shopping spree at Michaels. I NEVER get good deals, and since being here in Canada I’ve been a little bummed at how EVERYTHING is a few dollars more than it is in the US. Money equivalent ya know. So when I saw what kind of a great deal I was getting at Michaels, I jumped on it.

What happened was that I went to Michaels to get some stuff for a project, and then ended taking a look in the clearance Halloween bens. Halloween is NOT as big of a deal here as it is in US. I kind of had a lame Halloween so the thought of finding something that could be useful for next year, really made me happy. I started to dig and then the manager came by and talks loud enough for me to hear saying to the casher girls to “give the lady who’s looking through the Halloween clearance items, give her ANOTHER 50% off” (!!) you don’t have to tell me twice! that really got a gity-up in my step and I went back thru all that Halloween stuff 2 more times. And I feel like I got SUCH a GREAT deal!! I want yall to take a look at these next 2 pictures, and know that I got ALL of that stuff for ONLY $72.17!

I have NEVER walked out of Michaels with 4 BIG bags of stuff and have it come out to be so low to what I know it would normally cost. I was very curious on how much money I actually saved (I know Byron’s going start giving me a talk about how if I didn’t buy anything, I would have saved like – $10,000 over the next 2 years or something like that – but shut up! This is my party, don’t rain on it!) so I sat down with my receipt to tally it all up and while I only know what most of the items were being charged when they were already “clearance” priced already, and working off what I knew some of the items cost at full regular price, I know that I saved $185.33!! so if I was able to know what everyone thing was originally priced, I’m guessing I saved b/w $200-$300! I just feel really good about it and I’m looking forward to next Halloween!

so what I got was:
a bag of assorted spider/skull/bat rings (reg $4.99) now $0.99
a sparkly purple cat for my front porch (reg $13.49) now $2.70
a packet book of “Tinkerbelle and Friends”, fairy cut outs for cutting pumpkins (reg $6.99) now $1.40
a small bag of small skulls, I’ll use them in a craft or something. (reg $8.49) now $1.70
4 “witches potion” type bottles for my mantle (reg $8.49 each) now $1.27 each
A spider made out of jewels, you stick the jewels on bags or shirts. $2.50
The word “Halloween” made out of jewels, I figure I’ll stick them and the spider on a shirt together. $0.30
14 bright orange, see thru trick or treat bags, with a jack-o-lantern face on them, the face glows in the dark for only $0.22 each.
14 mini wood coffins. (reg $3.99 each) now only $0.52
2 packs of glow in the dark vampire teeth. $0.22 each
A skull ice/jelly mold $2
A brain ice/jelly mold $2
3 packets of very pretty name place cards. I thought I could use them to NAME the DISH of treats at a Halloween party sometime. $0.46 each
A packet of “cup label” stickers, it’s so you can write your name on a sticker and put it on your cup. $0.70
2 packets of very pretty party invitations $0.45 each (will YOU be one of the lucky few to get one next year… who knows?)
3-portion party tray for food. $1.40
2 big bowls $2.33 each
A pack of Mini umbrellas-toothpicks for sticking in food $0.70
“witches spell” Gel letters. You put them on windows or mirrors. $0.70
Large paper Mache skull. I’m going to add it to my tome stones I’ve got back home. $0.64
3 small paper Mache skulls heads. For another tome stone. $0.52 each.
1 Large skull cut out of wood. For the last of the tomes stones back home. $0.37
2 light-sabers that light up and make noise. For the kids. (clearance price was $11.99 ea) now $3 each
a light up house that decorated in November style. This will go with my THANKSGIVING decorations. And I’ve seen houses like there from $20-$50! But I got mine for only $8.25
a small figurine of kids jumping into a pile of leaves. Also for thanksgiving decorations. only $4.20

1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo Nikki! You show go girl! By the time I got there there wasn't much left. I guess Canadians really don't do Halloween like we do here. Halloween wasn't the same without your decorating party!

    ReplyDelete