Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Thankful For Trees

Every year we make a “I’m thankful for:” poster. It’s just a poster with the words “I’m thankful for” written at the top. Sometimes I draw a bare tree on the poster too.

I take colored paper (red, orange, yellow and brown) and print off on them outlines of leaves. Then every day in NOV we take a leaf and using a pen write down something we’re thankful for and tape it on the poster.

Sadly I keep forgetting to take a picture of it when it’s done so I can’t show you what the finished product looks like. When I don’t draw in a tree, it just looks like falling leaves. Either way, they both look very nice.

But this year we did something different. I printed out the shape of a tree on brown paper and cut out 1 for everyone in the family, I wrote the name of each person on the tree and taped the trees up in the dining room.

I got really tired of cutting out all those leaves every year. so this year, I went to a teachers store and bought some fall leaves ($1.43). I laminated them, and cut them. Now we just write with a dry eras marker the things we’re thankful for and tape them on the trees. When the holiday is over we can just wipe off the words and reuse the leaves for next year.

Now don’t be mistaken, Derick’s tree is bare but he IS very grateful for a lot of things, he just didn’t get to put up leaves yet when the kids and I set them up and took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment