Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NF: 4 AM WONDER!!

Ok, this is so amazing to me it’s almost unfathomable! First off, I’ll have to explain the sad – not so amazing part to get to the good part of the story. I’ll try to be brief on that… but as most of you know… brief isn’t a word I’m good with.
Andrew woke up around 3 am this morning with a really bad temperature and was fussy… so I got up, got him some medicine, and was hoping he would fall back asleep, but an hr later he was still fussy and hot. So I got a cold wet rag and held him in my lap. (I know Brief BRIEF… I’m getting there) so anyhow I’m thinking, “well if I’m going to be up at 4 in the morning, as least I can sit in my chair and enjoy the night view of the falls” so I get up and I open the curtains and OH MY GOODNESS, I could NOT believe the awesome thing I was seeing!! So, I’ve told you about how cool the mist is, and earlier this night I was watching thick wisps of it rise and disappear into the sky, but right now, at 4 in the morning, I am witnessing something TOTALLY different, the falls are creating CLOUDS!! CLOUDS I’m telling you! I tried and tried again and again to take a picture of the this… while I was of course being very attentive to my sick little Andrew (don’t worry I didn’t forget about the little guy) but there was just NO way I could get a picture of that amazing site. And I couldn’t even find a picture online of this. This is just something that you’ll have to see for yourself, you just have to get up at 4 AM to see it! But it is SO worth it! It’s amazing! It’s just so surreal to see this! Let me try to explain to you how this looks. The falls are kind of a big crater right? And just rising out of this creator is this LARGE-HUGE cloud of mist that just continues to rise and rise and build up and move on into the sky. It fills my entire window span, it’s just ginormous!!! And I guess it makes sense, if it’s night and the temp is down and the sun’s gone, the mist doesn’t really have anything to keep it from building up and up and up. The American falls I can see is making a much smaller cloud, but it’s a cloud all the same! People don’t realize it but the falls are basically a night time cloud factory and it’s SO COOL to watch this happen! You just never think of clouds rising up from the ground like this. so cool! While I’m watching this amazing display of nature, I can’t help but imagine Greek Gods of water and sky forcing their powers upon each other to make what I see happening happen. I wish I could show you, it’s just so amazing! I would never imagine this it’s like out of a movie.
Back to Andrew, I was up with him in the chair till 7. When I woke up he was doing a lot better so we both went back to bed for a while before we started day 2 of an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Andrew, but aren't you glad you had to get up? Sounds amazing to watch!

    ReplyDelete