Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall time?

Derick and I have been talking about how it’s fall time, but it doesn’t feel like the “right” kind of fall to us. When you’ve spent all your holidays in the same place, it doesn’t feel quite right when you go to another place during those special season, even if the place does portray a more “ideal” version of the holiday. Like for instance, even though the trees changing colors here and I LOVE it, it doesn’t feel like fall to us cause we’re just so use to the way fall feels at home cause I would be pulling out all our Halloween crafts, decorations, cooking things, music and movies, by now. You never know how much those things add up to playing the part of how you celebrate the season.

Right now, I feel kind of locked in the house cause it’s cold and rainy all the time. That’s just something I have to adapt too, I know that, and I think I’ve been doing pretty good so far. But I don’t have all those Halloween decorations here. I do have 2 pumpkins on my porch all ready though. They sell them really early here cause Canada’s thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away. They were only $2.99 each I was so shocked. But all those other things I put up during the end of Set, beginning of Oct for the fall and Halloween aren’t here with us.

I have been collecting a bag of cardboard cereal boxes, glass jars and toilet paper rolls hoping that I’ll be able to come up with a way to make simple cheap recyclable Halloween and Christmas decorations. And I do have a few ideas and surprises up my sleeve, don’t you worry about that.
It just doesn’t feel like FALL yet to me. It feels more like a TX February! Lol. I think I’m missing what I’m use to, a little , ya know? But I’ll be fine. I just have to reboot my emotional tie to the season. It’s nothing Singapore noodles and a credit cards can’t fix… oh wait, I don’t have either one of those. SHOOT! What do I do now?

1 comment:

  1. So are you going to celebrate thanksgiving with them or at our traditional time? We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete