Monday, September 27, 2010

new TLC show - "Sister Wives" - SO NOT RIGHT!

Is anyone as degusted with this as I am!? It is SO dangerous when someone flirts with the sacred laws of polygamy when not directed by God thru his mouth piece the prophet. Polygamy it self is not wrong, it’s a sacred ordnance of God, but people taking it up like it’s a gym membership is NOT ok!! EVERY TIME I see a commercial for this new “show” (if you can call it that) it just makes my skin crawl! And while I’m not sure, I’m just waiting for someone to say that they claim to be “Mormon”, and then you know a whole new season of prejudice against us all over again. It’s so annoying how people connect polygamy to Mormons like ranch dressing to salad.

When I was a Sunday school teacher MANY of my kids would say “so and so at school keeps asking me about that” I would tell them a simple answer to tell their friends, but I was SO excited when we had a Sunday school lesson that gave me an opportunity to print out a quote from the CHURCH on what’s the deal with polygamy. I told them KEEP this handout with you at school in your back packs or whatnot so that when your friends ASK YOU that question, YOU KNOW EXACTLY what to say!

This is the quote that I gave out to them. This was from the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints:
Polygamy (Plural Marriage)
The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. At certain times and for His specific purposes, God, through His prophets, has directed the practice of plural marriage (sometimes called polygamy), which means one man having more than one living wife at the same time. In obedience to direction from God, Latter-day Saints followed this practice for about 50 years during the 1800s but officially ceased the practice of such marriages after the Manifesto was issued by President Woodruff in 1890. Since that time, plural marriage has not been approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and any member adopting this practice is subject to losing his or her membership in the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment