We got to watch a fireworks show from our hotel window, that was so great! Sadly I couldn’t take ANY good pictures with my camera so with the thanks of the internet you can get a feel for what we saw. Some of them where SO big, we were just sitting there in aw… sometimes wondering if we could guess just how many miles in diameter could they possibly be? My personal favorite ones are the ones that burst gold and sparkle out hanging-down limbs, like a willow trees. But everyone (like derick) loves the BIG BANG colorful bright balls of light ones. It’s amazing the laws of chemistry and science! How elements burst, expand and change colors of light like that!



Water light show solitude:
Andrew came down with a fever so I gave him medicine and stayed in the hotel room with him while Derick took Amanda swimming. After Andrew fell asleep and I laid him down, I had the whole place to myself. I’ve sat in front of the window and turned off all the lights so I can really enjoy the falls light show. I’m getting a WHOLE hr to myself to just sit here quietly and watch the falls change colors! How wonderful and relaxing this is!! They start with just a bright white light, then they fade to pink, then slowly beam every color of the rainbow. My favorite colors are the neon pinks, purple and yellows. they make the falls look like the tutus I’m working on at home for Amanda. They keep the falls fading and changing shades and then you find a new favorite color. They’ve changed to a glowing red, and it makes me think about the great battles written in the Book of Mormon when the numbers of the dead were so great the waters ran red with blood. Then they change to white again and I think about the symbolic cleansing powers of the Atonement written about in the New Testament. I love it when they show all the colors of the rainbow all at once on the falls, it’s like something you would find in the Willy Wonka factory, something resembling a starburst waterfall or a skittle commercial. By the way - You never see those anymore. Sad – I always liked those. They were always so bright and happy and of course full of color and imagination. I think that’s why the light show on the falls is so captivating to everyone. We’re just so attracted to colors and anything that’s magically transformed from its ordinary state. Maybe that’s why despite his overall freakiness people can’t help but love to watch Richard Simmons. Lol.
One element of the falls I always took for granted is the magic that happens in the sky above them. The mist from the falls rises unbelievably high. For a while now I’ve been sitting here just watching it rising up, twisting, bending, arching this way and that. Constantly changing and warping into shapes of dragons as they slowly rises up and gently fade away into the black sky. Almost as if in vain trying to reach that one star that shining out there alone tonight.
The colors of the falls are starting to turn darker now… soon this will be a dark view of nothing and we’ll have to wait to see them till the mornings light tmw. Too bad it’s not a full moon tonight. I’m sure this would be some sight to see with the moons light turning every wave, lip and turn of the water into glips of silver.
Well that’s the end of the show. And what a show it was! Thanks for joining me tonight,






Excellent narrative, Nikki! Felt like I was right there with you. :) Such fun you and your family are having on your Canadian adventures!
ReplyDeleteSeeing the Falls change colors sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! And well written. I love the part about Richard Simmons. You crack me up!
ReplyDelete