Monday, September 13, 2010

NF: Road Trip!



Here we are in the car driving up to Niagara Falls. Our family loves road trips. Niagara Falls is only a few hours away but we like to make the most out of it.

I made chocolate chip cookies for the drive. Just look at the amount of chocolate chips on these bad boy! Yeah you wish you had some don’t-cha? Just look at the smile of that girls face… compared to Andrews face “don’t bug me I’m eating!” face


Funny side-note was that I didn’t have a large zip-lock bag for the cookies so I placed them in the water pitcher… it actually worked out surprisingly well! I can make it stand up straight, I can open it with one hand, and the cookies never got squished… I think we’ll have to use this little tip a lot more often for our road trips.

Dino-drive-by:
This is just a play scape storage center on the side of the road, (you may have recognized it from another blog post) but they have these large scale dinosaurs and animals, its SO cool to drive by them!


Over the bridge:
To get to Niagara, you go over a few bridges that go across the great lakes. The great lakes are just as you would imagine, VERY BIG! They look like oceans! You can’t see where they end even when you’re up high on the bridge.

This was taken at another bridge. Derick says it’s decorated like this cause it’s the “queens bridge” or something like that. I thought you just like to check this out, isn’t it cool looking? It has all these English-royalty decorations on it.

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I love the cookie packing idea and Andrew's expression is so "don't bother me." He cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete