Tuesday, September 28, 2010

not feeling so hot

I’m feeling a like I’m getting sick. My throat hurts and feels all scratchy and I feel like I have a lot of mucus in the back of my throat too. Nasty, I know. But I’m gargling with hot water, lemon and salt just like mama taught me, and I’m keeping my feet in slippers and taking lots of naps and trying to keep warm and not talk too much. I only wish I had some soup in the house.
Hey you know what, I bought lentils so I could make lentils soup, but I didn’t bring my lentils soup recipe with me here to Canada. I was hoping to just get the recipe from the back of the bag like I’ve done before, but the lentils bags here don’t have the recipe on the back. Is there someone who could send me the recipe for lentils soup? Or any other great soup for that matter. It’s cold here a lot so soup is really great to have here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a lentil soup recipe but was wondering if you have checked allrecipes.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. I like using allrecipes.com, but I really trust the recipes from family members the most. I'm thinking that all the lentil recipes on allrecipes.com arnt the one I'm looking for. I'll go there, if no one sends me one thow, just thought I would try family first ya know? but I know for sure my sister krissy cooks this up a lot. so krissy - help me! "feed me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mom - could you send me the recipe for that cabage soup you use to make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom - never mind I found it.
    krissy - I still need to lentils one thow

    ReplyDelete