Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Andrews 2nd b-day

My little baby boy is 2! There’s a part of me that thinks “is that ALL? I thought he’s been around longer than that.” And then there’s a side of me that gets all sentimental and thinks “aw… my little baby boy!”

2 years ago, he was born and I was holding him for the first time. And I remember there was a situation when his daddy had to go back to the house to get something, and it was just him and me for a few hrs. I was holding his tiny soft body next to mine and I was whispering to him how this was such a special moment in time. It was just him and me, and we were the other thing that mattered to each other. That as soon as we got home. We would have to share each other’s attention and time, but for just right now. It was just us and only US. That was such a special hr or so. I hope I always remember that.


And here he is on his 1st birthday…

And he’s 2 today! Man time flies! I’m so grateful for pictures so I can hold onto these memories!
Here’s the birthday boys cake! We always like to try to find a fun Christmas themed cake for him. We’ve had a real hard time trying to find fun cakes here in Canada, they’re all kind of simple. Just not as cool as I remember the cakes being at HEB back home ya know.

We thought we had left-over candles from my birthday here, but I just don’t know what happened to them. No biggy thow. We just used matches instead.

“Happy Birthday to YOU!” (by the way, thanks to all you who called, Andrew loved hearing yall sing to him on the phone)

Birthdays are the one day of the year where I’ll strip my kids down and just let them make a mess with their birthday cake. I just sit back and watch them and enjoy it while it lasts.

Just look at that belly pushed out! So funny


“Present time, present time, open a present and see what’s inside!” We actually opened presents before cake. Just in case you’re wondering how he magically got clean again. I think its SO much more fun buying gifts for girls. It seems like there’s just not enough different type of toys out there for boys. Amanda got him a hot-wheel collections set of small cars. And Derick and I got him this yellow car from the Pixar movie “Cars”. He talks and movies forward a little. He says things like “hey! show some respect homes!” lol. Oh what am I teaching my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment