Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow day fun!

I don’t know what it is, but as SOON as the snow starts to fall, the kids want to go out to play in it. I told them we had to let it collect a big before we could go out to play in it. We did of course go out eventually. And I am glad we’re trying to take advantage of the snow while it’s here. I hope the kids will remember being here and playing in the snow like this.
Here the kids are all decked out to HIT the snow in their new snow outfits.

And as soon as we opened the back door, that’s what they did first. Amanda HIT the ground to make a snow angel… aw… my little angel, making an angel. How sweet.

As you can well see, there wasn’t a WHOLE LOT of snow on the ground, but it was enough for the kids to have fun in it. And it was VERY cold! It’s so weird to me that there can be days when it’s not that bad cold-wise outside at all, and sheets of snow will come down, and then there are days where it only snows a little and yet it’s FREEZING outside! So weird to me.

Amanda loves to just ROLL in the snow! Man this girl NEEDS a dog badly! But on a side note, I’m very grateful we don’t have a dog and live in a snowy place. I feel so bad for the poor suckers here that have to get all bundled up and go outside at all hrs of the day/night, freezing weather or not to let their dog pee or poop and then have to pick it up and carry it back home. I can imagine that when people walk their dogs out, they’re hoping they need to poop. It’ll be something warm to hold in their hands on the way back to the house. Ok… this is gross… MOVING ON!

He he he he. Is it a snow angel or a leaf angel, I won’t tell her if you won’t.

Pour little Andrew, his mittens just kept falling off! The suit was just right for him but the mittens that came with it were apparently too small. I gave him mine of course, he’s wasn’t too happy about them either. but I know his little hands were just so cold! – don’t you think it’s kind of odd… when you get too much sun to where it’s bad for your skin, your skin turns red, and in the snow, the same thing happens. Just a thought.

Things were getting kind of old kind of fast so we walked over to our park.

Climb boy CLIMB! Pour little guy, it’s NOT as easy as it looks. Especially with all that extra padding.

They were spinning around the pole. Luckily they’re too young to “triple dog dare” each other to do something stupid! (lol) (I’m talking about putting their tongue on a cold pole here – you know, from “A Christmas Story” movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment