Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The best snow day ever

We’ve been getting lots of snow lately and it hasn’t been melting away much but at the same time, we just haven’t really had a packing-snow-day yet to make snow balls and snow men. Until TODAY! The sun was out the day before and made the top layer somewhat wet and it was just starting to snow again today. So we bought a cheap sled, and packed up everyone to play in the snow. There is a BIG sled hill nearby, but I didn’t want to take the kids to that for their first time. So we went to a school nearby that had a small hill instead. It was SO much fun!! The kids and us LOVED it! They (and I) got to go down our FIRST hills in a sled, and it was SOOO much fun! I hated walking back up the hill thow, mostly case I had to carry Andrew up and I was scared of falling on top of him, but it was fun Fun FUN! I’ve never gone down a snow hill on a sled before. Derick couldn’t believe it. He use to do this as a kid and he really loved reliving the fun of it all. Sadly I couldn’t get the BEST pictures, falling snow on my camera and all, but you can still enjoy the fun with us.

Amanda’s VERY FIRST sled ride!

Once I was able to finally get Andrew up the hill, and he had his first sled ride too, he was also hooked. What can I saw, it’s just good plain FUN!

Andrew really loved eating the snow. He liked rolling in it too. He for a while just wanted to roll, so he just rolled around in circles in the parking lot! Lol. It was SO funny to watch! What a weird kid.
And then daddy got the bright idea to start a SNOW BALL FIGHT… AT me while I still had my camera out! Don’t worry, my cameras ok, but I certainly have worked my camera hard on this trip in Canada.

Then I got to try out the sled. You can’t really tell, but there IS a sled under me. lol. Amanda came down the hill with me too she was standing on the back end.

We had so much sledding.

While we were there we also had a few more snow ball fights, and we made a BIG snowman! The biggest snowman I have ever made. I had just turning around to go find my camera to take a picture but when I turned around, Amanda knocked him over. All well. K-say-raw, say-raw. (I know I totally butchered how that must be spelled - sorry) so instead of getting a picture of the snow man we just smashed him to bits.

When we got back into the car, our coats were soaking wet. I felt like we just when swimming or something. But when we got home and pulled off boots and stuff I was so happy to see that the kids were completely dry and warm. So happy to see that their suit-coats are working out well for them.

this was by far the best snow day we've had since we've been here! it was a great day!

I did something different while we were there. b/c I was having a hard time taking pictures, I tried using my video camera option on my camera. I never do this much cause I never knew how to SHARE it with people before. This is my first time trying it with the blog. So this is new to me. but I’ve got 2 short clips of the kids on the snow sleds. If this works out well, I’ll have to try this a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment