We had opened the windows last night to let in some of the cool fresh air, of course around 4 am you start to notice it’s a wee bit chilly in the house. And of course, none of us wanted to be the one to get out of the warm bed to close the windows. But at 6 this morning our daughter walks into our room. We were too tired and cold to get out of bed to send her back to her own bed, so we pull her up into our bed. Then the 1 year old comes down the hall and to my corner of the bed. I pull him up and under my arm. So there we were, all 4 of us, body to body under the covers snuggling to keep warm, half trying to fall back asleep before the alarm went off in less than an hr. we didn’t really get much sleep after that, but if I was to wake up early, I can’t image a better way of doing it. It was a sweet morning just being together like that.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
2’s a couple, 3’s a crowd, and 4 is just way too many!
We had opened the windows last night to let in some of the cool fresh air, of course around 4 am you start to notice it’s a wee bit chilly in the house. And of course, none of us wanted to be the one to get out of the warm bed to close the windows. But at 6 this morning our daughter walks into our room. We were too tired and cold to get out of bed to send her back to her own bed, so we pull her up into our bed. Then the 1 year old comes down the hall and to my corner of the bed. I pull him up and under my arm. So there we were, all 4 of us, body to body under the covers snuggling to keep warm, half trying to fall back asleep before the alarm went off in less than an hr. we didn’t really get much sleep after that, but if I was to wake up early, I can’t image a better way of doing it. It was a sweet morning just being together like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment