Amanda and I had a most sweet mommy-daughter moment. After church Andrew and Daddy were taking a nap together and Amanda walked up to me and very calming, sweetly said “mommy can we go up to my bedroom and talk on my bed?” I was taken back half cause of the proper language skills she was using and half cause I’ve never heard her say that anything like that before. “sure hunny, we can go upstairs and talk.” We walked upstairs and laid down on her bed, I’m just thinking, “what is she going to talk about?”. She ended up telling me about her first Sunday class experience in our new ward. She told me about her teacher and new friends in her class, how happy she was, and how she loves her new friends. I was so surprised and happy and PROUD of her talking with me the way she did. It was such a surprisingly wonderful mommy-daughter moment, and it was introduced because of my daughter. How sweet right?
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Mommy-daughter moment
Amanda and I had a most sweet mommy-daughter moment. After church Andrew and Daddy were taking a nap together and Amanda walked up to me and very calming, sweetly said “mommy can we go up to my bedroom and talk on my bed?” I was taken back half cause of the proper language skills she was using and half cause I’ve never heard her say that anything like that before. “sure hunny, we can go upstairs and talk.” We walked upstairs and laid down on her bed, I’m just thinking, “what is she going to talk about?”. She ended up telling me about her first Sunday class experience in our new ward. She told me about her teacher and new friends in her class, how happy she was, and how she loves her new friends. I was so surprised and happy and PROUD of her talking with me the way she did. It was such a surprisingly wonderful mommy-daughter moment, and it was introduced because of my daughter. How sweet right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very sweet. I love surprising little moments like that.
ReplyDelete