
This is another weird Canadian-ism. I was bummed to notice when I got here that none of the milk was sold in gallon jugs, but in cartons. So I adjusted to the smaller milk carton ways, no bird feeders made just yet. But I was noticing that EVERYONE else at the stores were walking out with these BIG bags of milk! BAGS!? What’s the deal? I finally asked a mom with her daughter in front of the milk aisle, what’s the deal with the milk bags? How do you use them? She explained and showed me how to work them. Apparently you buy a sack of these 3 mini bags of milk, you place 1 of the bags into this small “milk” pitcher, cut a corner tip off and pour out the milk and then pinch-clip the corner when you’re done… !? … WHAT AN ORDEAL!? Here’s an idea Canada, GET A JUG!! The milk COMES IN it’s own “pitcher” and the “cap” COMES WITH IT and keeps it fresh! What a pain, but it’s cheaper so I’m working with this weird, old-school way of doing things.
That is so strange! I've never seen anything like that before. You, know, with all the Amish farms nearby, have you considered looking into getting raw milk?
ReplyDeleteyeah, I've thought about it. I figured I would ask the ladies at church about it comes this sunday.
ReplyDeleteWeird!
ReplyDelete